Conduct Regular Meets
- Association of Indian Forging Industry regularly conducts regional meets in all regions, which is chaired by the respective regional chairman.
- To facilitate decentralized meetings of the Association, it has created Regional committees. Currently AIFI has Northern, Western, Central and Southern Regional Committee. The Regional Chairman are the ex officio member of the Board of Directors.
- In such meetings all the member companies participate and discuss the prospect of growth and opportunities of the forging industry.
- Such meetings are interactive in nature where the members give their opinion and share their views on the state of market for relevant industry and thus act as platform in disseminating the information.
- Board Meets are also held once in a period of 3 months.
- The executive power is of the Association is vested with its Board of Directors of 12 members headed by President and Vice-President.
- The Board of Directors has formed three Sub-Committees (Administration and finance, Technology and Training and Government Interface) for detailed study of allotted subjects and take appropriate action or advise the Board of Directors.
Annual General Meetings
- A yearly meeting of all the members of the Association for holding election and reporting the events of the year.
Organize National and International Conferences
International Forging Congress
- International Forging Congress (IFC), founded in 1953, has been held every 3 years, and was initiated by National Industrial Association. The participant companies are mainly from Europe, America, South America and Asia countries and regions. Its topics includes technology, process, equipment, market, materials, administrative & management, and all other matters related to the forging industry and companies. AIFI has organized 13th and 20th International Forging Congress in the year 1990 and 2011 at New Delhi and Hyderabad respectively.
- This biennial meeting is an occasion and a premier platform in Asia forging industry to bring together researchers and entrepreneur to present, discuss and further develop views on aspects of forging technologies. In the last decade, AIFI has organised ASIAFORGE in the year 2008.
- To commemorate the 50 year journey of the Association, AIFI launched its flagship event-Forgetech India in 2016. Forgetech India is essentially a conference-cum-exhibition meet aiming to unite the forging fraternity. The first edition of Forgetech India was held during 3-4 December 2016, Gurgaon. The event comprised presentations of articles on forging related subjects as well as exhibition of companies exhibiting their products. It is thus an opportunity for all visitors to interact with the dozens of the forging industry, to observe the exhibits and get richer with forging knowledge.
- AIFI publishes an in-house, FOCUS magazine, once in every quarter to its members. The magazine comprises macroeconomic review of the Indian economy, technical articles related to forging industry, global aspects with respect to forging industry counterparts, interviews of eminent forgers, AIFI initiatives and all the current aspects which affects the functioning of forging industry overall.
- AIFI also publishes its Member’s Directory, which is very informative and has the latest information of all the member forging units across India.
Forge Premier League
- FPL is essentially a two-day sports and cultural event, it is conducted with an aim of employee satisfaction. It is also used as tool for the team building process within the organization.
- Association of Indian Forging Industry encourages its members to keep the environment safe. Hence, AIFI has initiated ‘Vrikshropan Abhiyaan’ (Tree Plantation) in the premises of the member companies and contribute to the well-being of the society.
- Recruitment Services aim at easing the cost and time of individual member companies involved in the recruitment process.