The Association of Indian Forging Industry (AIFI) is essentially a conglomeration of forging firms and companies located in India. It seeks to promote the interests of the forging industry through –
- promotion of trade,
- up-gradation of technology,
- dissemination of information to the forging units,
- scheduling training programmes,
- providing a platform to its members to exchange market intelligence, and
- presenting to the government its views and suggestions relating to the forging industry.
The Association was incorporated as “ The Association of Indian Drop Forging & Stamping Industries” on 1 October 1965 at Mumbai (then Bombay). The name was changed to its present name, that is, “Association of Indian Forging Industry” on 29 December 1995. By a Special Resolution of the Association on 2 December 2002, its registered office was shifted from Mumbai to Pune.